Dano Wheals - Permaculture Designer
My take on Permaculture Design which I call herbaculture combines my influences of Herbal Medicine with Permaculture.
Stour House, 23 Bridge Street, Bures Hamlet, Colchester CO8 5AD
Looking for help with a design?
Herbaculture Design Consultancy
The social enterprise Herbaculture CIC can quote for permaculture designs indoor, outdoor or non land based. I specialize in designing gardens and social systems for health and wellbeing.
I am very keen to make sure early on that you have thought about the following stages:
- THE DESIGN (SITE VISIT, INTERVIEWS, DESIGN PROCESS and DISCUSSION OF DESIGN)
- CREATING THE SPACE/ IMPLEMENTING THE DESIGN
- MAINTENANCE THE SPACE
- FACILITATION OF THE ACTIVITIES WITHIN IT.
Remember that as a Not For Profit Community Interest Company I make sure any surplus goes into subsidizing design work that benefits the community.
Dan Wheals M.N.I.M.H. CV
I am qualified with:
- Herbal Medicine degree course in Edinburgh at Napier University Bsc (hons) 2:1. Qualified 2007.
- Seeing clients via herbal medicine consultations, walks, talks and herb walks for over 10 years.
- Member of the National Institute of Medical Herbalists (M.N.I.M.H.)
- Herbaculture Consultant. Redesigning land use and social spaces with a herbal medicine specialism. e.g. GP gardens, community projects and gardens. Part of the Herbaculture CIC service.
- Community Gardening with a Health Focus: Grow Your Community - Sudbury Project co-ordinator. March 2017 - ongoing. 'ActivLives' charity are leading this Suffolk Preventative Health project tending green spaces with local residents.
- Community Facilitator with First Question Training Co-operative. 2008- 2017
- Outdoor Learning Teaching Assistant at my local primary school. 2014-2017
- Plant Advisor/Sales at 'Place for Plants' RHS partner garden selling trees, shrubs and herbaceous plants. Since 2014 on an occasional basis.
- Local Food Co-ordinator with East Feast in the Waveney District of Suffolk. 2012 - 2014. Community Health, Diet, Food Growing and local economic sustainability.
- Groundwork: Community Environmental Action Advisor in the Suffolk Coastal Area. 2010- July 2012.
- 'Creative Partnerships' Practitioner working with Herbal Medicine in schools. 2009- 2012
- Community Gardener in Ipswich for the People's Community Garden at Maidenhall Allotments. 2008 - 2010.
- Community Gardener in Gorgy, Edinburgh Community Backgreens initiative. 2006-7
- Volunteer at Royal Botanic Gardens Edinburgh. 2006-2007
- Green roofer (installation and maintenance of planted living roofs) with Bauder. 2000- 2003
I am qualified with:
- Permaculture Design Certificate- (IPEC Instituto de Permacultura e Ecovilas do Cerrado, Brazil 2003
- Diploma in Applied Permaculture Design - Due to complete in 2018.
- Bsc (hons) 2:1 Herbal Medicine DEGREE (Napier University, Edinburgh) 2003-2007
- Bsc (hons) 2:1 Psychology with studies in Europe DEGREE 1996-2000
- (University of Kent at Canterbury and Universitaet Muester, Germany)
- NCH Horticultural therapy (Otley College, Suffolk) 2000
- RHS Horticulture - General Certificate (Otley College, Suffolk) 2001
- RHS Advanced Certificate in Horticulture (Otley College, Suffolk) 2002
- HNC Sustainable Environments (Otley College, Suffolk) 2001
- VTCT Level 3 Swedish Massage (Suffolk New College, Ipswich) 2010
- PTTLS Adult Teaching Qualification 2013